The State of Brandenburg has been involved with the deployment of police officers on different international United Nations (UN) and European Union (EU) peace-keeping missions since 1994.
The Pool for Foreign Assignments, consisting of specialist officers for international missions, was set up in 2000. It is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and training of suitable officers and assists them during and after their missions abroad.
Numerous police officers from the Pool for Foreign Assignments have been deployed on various international police peace-keeping missions in recent years.
Areas of operation include:
- EUPM / EPTF → Bosnia-Herzegovina
- UNMIK / EULEX → Republic of Kosovo
- EUPOL Proxima → Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.)
- EUPOL Afghanistan/GPPT → Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- EUMM Georgia → Georgia
- DR Congo → Democratic Republic of the Congo
- EUCAP Nestor → Republic of Djibouti
- EUPOL COPPS → Autonomous Palestinian Territories